Sunday, August 30, 2009

Autumn Knitting

All summer, while I was not looking forward to fall weather arriving, I looked forward to fall knitting. And the week after camp was over I wanted to go yarn shopping Monday, but every local yarn shop I found online seemed to be closed on Mondays. So I ended up going to Michael's and getting a few different kinds of yarn. I tried a few swatches of different stitches, but haven't yet ended up making anything out of any of those yarns yet.

Then this past Wednesday I ended up driving by Knitter's Attic (which it turns out is apparently open on Mondays as well) and picked up a few lovely yarns, including Cascade Yarns Cascade 220 Colour #8404, and Freedom Spirit by Twilleys of Stamford Colour #506.

And this weekend I believe the fall weather arrived. So far, I've knit one mitten out of the Freedom Spirit yarn. I tried to take some pictures tonight but it's just too dark in here to get the camera to focus so that will have to wait for daylight. And I think they shall be a Christmas gift.

I also started a sock with another yarn not pictured here. Am still contemplating what exactly to do with the Cascade yarn, was originally thinking perhaps a scarf (but am not sure about the itchy factor), then thought perhaps mittens, but then tonight I was thinking maybe a cabled toque of some sort. I'm off to look up patterns now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool!
Jennie Frances