Monday, February 20, 2006

I'm Ready for Spring Break

So it just keeps snowing and snowing and snowing. ALL THE TIME! Like it won't stop. Well, it stops for half an hour maybe and then it starts again. Everyone south of here complains because they have no snow. COME AND GET IT.

Friday though, Friday was nice because Thursday night it snowed and rained and sleeted and froze and made all the cars covered in a sheet of ice, and the roads a trecherous turmoil, so I didn't have to go to work. Well, more acurately, I couldn't go to work. I worked away at chipping ice off the windshield and rear window of my car in stints of about an hour, finally at about 2pm it was in a somewhat driveable condition. I say somewhat because there was only about a 5 inch jagged circle on the driver's side window without snow on it, I had lost all stamina and wrist power by that point.

Anyways, it was lovely to have a day not at work, an extra day... I cannot accurately describe how nice it was. I didn't do anything particularly triumphant (other than the digging out and de-thawing of my car), but it was so nice to not be at work.

Saturday I left home at 6:10am (and I'm not a morning person!) and went to the Today's Teens Conference in Toronto with the drop-in centre I volunteer with... it was so good. Not only good seminars and speakers and such, but so good to be in the context of a Christian community of youth pastors and youth workers and volunteers and people committed to working with teens. I really enjoyed myself and took home some new knowledge and practical learning. The day reminded me of the passion that exists when working in ministry and with youth... made me think a lot about where I'm currently at, where I want to be, where God wants me to be.

And also, it was a nice surprise to see a few people I recognized from my years at Briercrest, and even had the welcome opportunity to speak to an old classmate and friend. It's neat to meet up again with people you've lost contact with and catch up on lives and ministry and such.

Sunday I slept in a little bit, went to church, got a few groceries, did a bit of cleaning, and spent the evening working on a fun shirt I dreamed up during the announcements at church (I probably think about making stuff too much ;) )... almost finished it. I took a few pieces from one pattern, some from another, and traced sleeves on a shirt I already have to come up with what I wanted. I'll be done it tonight, but it's more of a summer/warm weather shirt than a FRIGID UNRELENTABLE SNOW kind of shirt.

In other news, I've gotten a couple of fun craft supply exchanges in the mail lately, I'll try to photograph them tonight if I remember so I can post them. Work is busy these days (I'm not sure it ever isn't), and all I want to do is clean my desk but I never have time! Remember spring break? I wish that they gave work people spring breaks, that would be awesome!

In the meantime, Plumb has a new album coming out February 28th, how great is that? You can check out some sneak previews here.

Hope you had a great weekend. :)

No comments: