Friday, May 13, 2005

Weekend Weddings

My friend Leanne, whom I met while in college at Briercrest, is getting married on Vancouver Island this Saturday. Once I made her a lovely foamie flower headband for her birthday. Unfortunately, I don't think she will be wearing it as she walks down the aisle. And even more unfortunate, I will not be able to be there to celebrate with her and Jason.

And my friend Ryan from Seattle, whom I met through Carly, and is getting married in New Brunswick this weekend as well. Two years ago I was home in May and talked to Ryan on MSN pretty much every day, I think we were both waiting for our summer jobs to start. I think he's the tallest person I know (even though we've never technically met). All the best to Ryan and Sarah as they start this new life together... I can't wait to see pictures!

Jeremy Thiessen, of the blog Normal Rockstar, and the band downhere, and who was my student body president my first two years at Briercrest, is also getting married this weekend. Can you be a normal rockstar? I always think of Jeremy as the guy who wore mitts and lumberjack shirts and Adidas sandals all year long. Even that wasn't normal. ;)

Best wishes for lovely weddings for all of you, and strong marriages built on the foundation of God's love.

No comments: