Friday, May 13, 2005

The Random Interview Project: Mike

Here is a late entry for The Random Interview Project, Part 2. Mike is from the blog Life This Way, and is a regular reader of Mikao's World.

1. What are some of the perks of living in your home state?
Minnesota is:
Home of "the world's largest pelican", 10,000 lakes ( more shoreline than California, Florida and Hawaii combined - 90,000 miles), 1 million+ acres of BWCAW, 4 complete seasons of the year (even if winter tends to be on the long side), The Mall of America (just kidding), and don't forget we are blessed to have such great neighbors on the northern border! :)

2. If you could be someone else who is currently living, for one day, who would you want to be and why?
I would say maybe Bill Gates (because he has lots of money), or maybe one of those guys on the TV fishing shows that sit around all day and get paid to say "Oh wow!... That's a nice one!... Beautiful fish!... I am sure glad I used 'brand x' fishing tackle!"

Truth be told, I kinda like being myself!

3. If you could be someone else who is not currently alive, for one day, who would you want to be and why?
That's a tough question. It would be cool if I could be someone from the future to find out what happens, or maybe my great, great, great grandfather to find out what they were like and how they lived.

4. What is your favourite song lyric and why?
I have always been impressed by Rich Mullins. He is one of my favorite artists. Most of his songs have something in them that hits home to me.
There is one song that comes to mind at the moment called "Sometimes by Step". The lyric is "Sometimes I think of Abraham, how one star he saw had been lit for me..." if you know The Story, it really puts things in perspective.

5. What is your earliest memory?
Believe it or not, a few years ago I had a flash-back of having my diaper changed when I was like 2. I just remember trying to get up and someone telling my to lie still.

6. What do you enjoy most about being a sibling?
Having 2 sisters as 2 of my best friends.

7. If you could request your next birthday party to be in any venue in the world (all expenses paid of course), where would you want it to be?
I would stretch my birthday out. Maybe have my party over a week on a cruise ship (to Hawaii because my wife has always wanted to go there).

8. Who would you want to be at this aforementioned birthday party?
All my family and friends. No one famous.

9. What is your favourite insect?
I prefer arachnids, but I think dragon flies are pretty darn cool.

10. What five websites do you visit most often?
Well, it varies, but I would have to say probably:
mine (lifethisway.blogspot.com)
my church (www.livingstonesfellowship.org)
http://www.loneprairie.net/my_blog.htm
http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/duluthsuperior/news/
http://mikao.blogspot.com/

Thanks for another chance at the interview!"

Editor's Note: Sorry that it has taken me so long to get this up Mike! It kept getting lost every time I formatted it in Blogger. Ugh.

No comments: