Friday, April 01, 2005

The Random Interview Project: Jen

This episode in The Random Interview Project comes from Jen of the blog Meditatio.

I first knew her as Jenni, and we became pen pals I think when I was 15 or 16 and she was 13 or 14. She lived in California at the time, and I in Manitoba. We kept in touch all through high school by mail, then switched to email some time in college. Eventually though, we had somewhat lost touch, but soon found each other independently somewhat around the same time in the blogosphere.

Now she's married and lives in Minnesota with her husband and cats.

1. What is your favourite thing to do in the evenings?
My favorite thing to do is probably watch one of the "Law & Order" incarnations and work on whatever crocheting project is in progress.

2. What do you think are some of the most important ingredients to a long and healthy marriage?
There are lots. Communication is probably the most important with compassion, forgiveness, patience, and flexibility being pretty important as well. Love must always be present though.

3. If you could re-experience any one day of your life, which day would you choose and why?
I would probably choose to re-experience my wedding day because it was so strange and ethereal. It was the happiest day of my life but I remember it in chunks of time rather than something continuous.

4. What is something about yourself that most people do not know for awhile after meeting you?
Something that surprises most people is that I am really introverted and introspective. If you can crack my outer shell, you find that out pretty fast.

5. What is your favourite song, and why?
"If I Stand" by Rich Mullins -- it describes how I feel and how my faith is.

6. What are your favourite girl's and boy's names?
For a girl, I'm going with Katie, Moira, Emily, and Sarah.
For a boy, it would be Joshua, Daniel, Thomas, and Patrick.

7. Please share a seventh grade memory.
My favorite memory would probably be my choir classes. I was part of two choirs in school and I loved the performances and just being able to sing in a select ensemble.

8. What are some of the pros and cons of being a twin?
The pros: My brother is my best friend and knows me better than anyone else. We also have very similar opinions on things and it's nice to have someone who understands why I am the way I am.
The cons: Until college, neither of us really had our own identities because at school, it was "Sean's sister" or "Jenni's brother". Teachers thought we were alike and that made life annoying.

9. If you could spend a day in New York City, maybe... oh, tomorrow, what would you want to do there?
Definitely go to various museums and then go sit in the Cathedral of St. John the Divine and enjoy the presence of God and the immensity of the space.

10. If you could only eat zucchini for the rest of your life, how would you prepare it most often?
Zucchini bread!

You can read Jenni's previous interview here.

No comments: