Monday, March 21, 2005

The Random Interview Project: Peter

This post, in The Random Interview Project series, comes from Peter of World Wide Wood. Peter and his wife Rebecca have been faithful readers of my blog for as long as I can remember, and currently reside in Beverly, Massachussetts.

1. What are your three favourite CDs and your 3 least favourite CDs that you own?
Such a hard question... I have so many CDs, and I don't know if I can single out three favorites, let alone 'least' favorites. But at the moment, I'd have to say
my three current favorites are "Afterglow" by Sarah McLachlan, "A Rush Of Blood To The Head" by Coldplay, and "The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou Motion Picture Soundtrack". As for least favorites, probably any three of the Christian music albums that I purchased a while ago... Caedmon's Call for example. I used to be more into Christian music, but in recent years, I've just found it to be uninventive and uninspiring.

2. In high school, what was the cool thing to do during your school lunch hour?
I don't know, because I sure wasn't one of the cool kids! :-) Pretty much everyone I knew, cool or uncool, ate lunch in the school cafeteria. I don't know what you would do otehr than that... my friends and I would sit around and eat our lunch and talk about movies or video games or tv shows. Nothing terribly exciting.

3. What's the geekiest thing you know how to do?
Hmmm, it's probably a tie between being fluent in Perl (http://www.perl.org/) and being able to disassemble and reassemble my laptop computer.

4. What is the best meal you have ever eaten?
So many good meals in my 26 years... but no single meal really stands out in my mind. I have to say, though, that the tater tot casserole my wife makes is to die for (and, if you eat too much and it clogs your arteries - die from!).

5. If Jennifer Lopez and her current boyfriend or husband called you and Rebecca up wanting to take you out for supper at McDonald's, would you take them up on the offer? Why or why not?
Sure... I'm always up for meeting famous people. I'd love to hear 'their side'
of the story that the news media doesn't tell us. See if they really are real people underneath the veneer of celebrity. Though McDonald's isn't my favorite place to eat, I'd be okay with it.

6. What's the best thing about driving alone?
Ah, driving alone. Something I rarely get to do, since I carpool to and from work, and Becky and I drive together everywhere. But on the rare occasion that I do get to drive alone, I really enjoy having the peace and quiet and time to think, or listen to whatever I want as loud as I want, depending on my mood.

7. Please tell us about a favourite childhood memory.
One of my favorite memories from childhood is from when my family moved from San Diego, California to Mount Vernon, Ohio. I had just finished kindergarten and would start first grade when I got to Mount Vernon. My mom, dad, sister, and I all packed up in a Toyota Corrola and drove all the way out. We got to see lots of cool stuff, like the Grand Canyon, Native American dwellings, etc. We weren't in a huge hurry, so we took about a week for the trip. I just remember it being a lot of fun to travel and see everything at that age.

8. What is your favourite letter of the alphabet, and why do you think it is?
I like the letter K. It has a lot of impact.

9. If you were given $2345.67 tomorrow, no strings attached, what would you do with it and why?
Probably put it towards paying off our student loans! Yuck.

10. What is your favourite part of your current place of residence?
Except for the rare occasions where the neighbors make noise, it's very, very quiet. We're right in the downtown of a medium-sized city, but we live at the end of a cul-de-sac, *and* we live in the basement, so we don't hear very much noise from outside at all. At night you can hear a pin drop in the house, it's so quiet. I also like that our apartment stays very cool in the summer... we don't need to run our air conditioner.

Thanks for the interview! :-)

Peter"

No comments: