Tuesday, May 25, 2004


Unfortunate that You've Not Met


My Gramma is supercool. Really, she is. I wish you could know her.

Tonight she called me, wanting to talk to me before I head out for the summer once again. She is really one of the coolest people I know, and it's a bonus that she's my Gramma.

She always has a few funny things to say.

She always likes to bring up and broach the subject of me getting married. Someday. You know, grandmothers are like that. So, she did this, and then I mentioned about how my Mom the other day said something to the effect of "When you're thinking about marrying a man someday, make sure that he knows how to comb his hair." Gramma laughed at this. Then she said, "You know, I think I've seen your father with his hair combed properly maybe once." Then she paused, and added "I think that was your parents' wedding day." Then she laughed.

And, sometime near the end of our conversation, while we were talking about old age and aches and gardening (which is what she really loves to do) and that sort of thing, and she said, "You know, Michelle, if I could just find a new pair of feet, a pair of feet that fit, I'd be all set. But I can't seem to find a pair that fit!"

And then she giggled.

No comments: