Wednesday, May 12, 2004


Long Day and Big Toes


Today my Mom and I went to drop my brother off at his college, he was here overnight. It was nice to see him, he seems to be doing really good.

Afterwards my Mom and I went to a few stores getting scrapbooking supplies, I got some really cool new letter stickers that look like those neat brown tags, you know the old-fashioned kind that you attach to gifts and stuff? Like those but little.

Anyway, we also we to Dunvegan, which you can read about a little bit here and here. We went to the Provincial Park and to the greenhouses. Dunvegan Gardens are really famous, I'm not sure why. I did get this cool white cow cream pitcher though in their giftshop.

I have my brother's digital camera for the next two weeks... so if I can get it to work (I'm having trouble getting the pics off the camera and into the computer), then I'll have some pictures to show you. We couldn't go into the buildings at Dunvegan (the church and the rectory I mean, or the interpretive centre), but we did take some pics of the bridge and the cool fort that kids can play in and I got my picture taken with Mary. She is standing on a snake that is eating an apple. And she's holding a dove that someone broke it's head off. That's sad. Her big toe that is on the foot that is standing on the snake is very big and manly.

I find a lot of female statues have man-toes. I have noticed this through observing many different statues in many different galleries and places over the years. Look sometime, I dare you. It's odd. But I guess the men who make those statues look at their own toes as models.

I like my toes. They are nice and not manly. Not like Mary's.

No comments: