Wednesday, May 12, 2004


Interview #13


Lucky #13 of The Random Interview Project comes from none other than Carly Bishop of Jeffersonair:

"Sweet! :)

1. If you were exiled to another country for the rest of your life and had to live there for the remainder of your days and could not leave said country, which country would you hope to be exiled to and why?
Probably Italy. There's tons of culture and history there I bet I'd never get tired of learning about. I've always wanted to see it and I can't imagine it ever being a place that looks ugly.

2. Why did you first start blogging, and why do you continue to do so?
I was at a high school football game and hanging with friends Leah, Austin, and Sarah. The game was over and we were walking toward the school buses, where the band would be taken back to school. Austin played sax and had to get on the bus, but just before he got on, he said, "Go to Blogger! Blogger dot com! Go blog!" And I remember thinking, What is he talking about?? But I was soon introduced to what would be the start of an addiction quite impossible to break.

3. If you could change anything about your personality, would you and why or why not?
I probably wouldn't change it. I remember making the conscious choice to practice not judging people and I've gotten really good at not doing that. I think if there's something you admire about someone else, you can make a choice to practice that same characteristic. Mostly, it's just a matter of swallowing one's pride. And knowing that no one is perfect.

4. What was the best thing about being a teenager, and what was the worst?
I think the best thing about being a teenager was the wonder of seeing things you've never seen before. And meeting people who inspire you. I think the worst part is that which makes you feel inadequate and less than what you really are. That constant aspiration to be something but coming up short the majority of the time. Only to realize that it's kind of supposed to feel that way.

5. In ten years, where do you see yourself?
Married to a sweetheart-of-a-man, possibly pregnant with our first child. Maybe living near the beach somewhere. And planning some romantic surprise for my husband, because I'm going to be the type of wife who is always thinking of things I can do to make him feel special.

6. If money were no object, what sort of a house would you live in?
A really nice beach house with a large portion of the beach belong to me. Lots of room and one of those outdoor living rooms that you can put nice furniture out, relax, and stare up at the stars at night.

7. What has been your favourite part of your college experience so far?
Probably certain people. If I had to pinpoint specifically what I really enjoyed, I'd have to say my Psychology 101 class and definitely the weekly meetings with Campus Crusade for Christ.

8. If you could meet anyone in the blogosphere, who would you want to meet and why?
Probably Jason Killingsworth. Just because he changed what I first perceived was the purpose of "the blog". He changed the way I viewed writing completely. He made me realize what I could do as a writer. How I might inspire those who read. Yeah, him... And Michelle, of course. Duh. (Michelle's Note: I think that's cheating! ;) )

9. Pretend for a moment that you and Paris Hilton had been switched at birth and you grew up in her environment. What do you think would be different about you as Paris?
Oh my goodness. Interesting scenerio. If I grew up in the same environment, I doubt I'd be as grounded as I am now. I pray I'd be mostly the same as I am now. But for sure, I wouldn't have the chihuahua. Nu uh.

10. What is something that you are extremely thankful for?
My desire to meet people and see the world. I imagine I would not be the same person if those were not as strong as they are. I am thankful that I am passionate about life and living it the best way I can. I'm extremely thankful for God's salvation. Everyday, in fact."