Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Random Interview Project Part 3: Neely

This entry in The Random Interview Project Part Three comes from long-time Mikao's World reader Neely, from Unquenchable Songs and Endless Praise. You may also check out her previous interviews from Part One and Part Two of this project. Thanks for participating again Neely! :)

1. What is your favourite season of the year and why?
It's probably a toss-up between fall and winter, since I generally like chillier weather. They're both beautiful with the changing leaf colours and the sparkling snow (when it doesn't turn to brown slush that is). I guess it's harder to pick just one because the weather constantly changes here, and sometimes our winters feel like spring and our falls like summer :)

2. Where do you see yourself in five years?
I hope that I will be serving Jesus and ministering to people in whatever capacity I am called to. I haven't a clue what it will look like, but I guess that's what the next five years are for! I most likely see myself still living in Canada between now and then.

3. If you could meet any woman out of history, who would you choose and why?
Ahh, this is hard. I honestly don't know that I could narrow it down - maybe Amy Carmichael? I read a fascinating biography on her once.

4. What has surprised you most about life since completing high school?
Where I am today and the neat journey that God has put me on to get me here. I used to think that life was so typical and that after high school, things would just continue on as they were but nope! God is a God of surprises and that has been the best part.

5. In the past year, what has been your most rewarding experience?
My most rewarding experience would have to be living in Montreal earlier this year. It was absolutely amazing and God taught me a lot during that time. I loved learning about another culture and trying to pick up as much French as I could, and especially being with my friends and supporting them in ministry.

6. Please tell us about one of your most favourite places.

My favourite place besides home is the city of Montreal (a continuation of question #5). Like I said, it's such a fun place to be in, and I love how it's a city of contrasts. I wrote about this in one of my papers, that Montreal is both new and old at the same time, French and English, European and North American, suburban and urban, and perhaps most significant - a place of great spiritual history but of few Christians today. It's a city that needs much prayer because it is so influential.

7. What one place that you've never been would you most like to visit?
London, England. And if I could sneak in two others: Paris, France and Singapore.

8. Coke or Pepsi?

I don't drink pop but I much prefer Coke to Pepsi. Pepsi tastes like watered down sugar, and if you're going to drink one of these, might as well get the pop that can supposedly unclog drains right?

9. What qualities do you admire most in people?
I admire people who strive to be more Christ-like in their life and who don't have a problem being counter-cultural to do so. It's so inspiring to see those who are content with who they have been created to be in Christ and who have determined that they don't want to settle for the conventional and the status quo. I really enjoy reading biographies of people like this (Hudson Taylor, Jim Elliot).

10. What would you like to be remembered most for in life?

I wrote this on my blog a few years ago and it holds true today:
I hope that one day, people will look back and see my life as one devoted to my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, and one wholly lived through Him in everything - in life, love, faith, speech and purity.

No comments: