Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Spring Smells So Good

Spring is slowly arriving here in Muskoka... the snow is melting, you no longer have to worry that you'll die when driving through an intersection because you couldn't see if anyone was coming the other way because of the supremely GINORMOUS snowbanks that had collected over the winter season.

I think what I like most about spring, even more so than the slighly warmer weather, is that you can smell things outside again. Winter doesn't really smell like anything. Wet kids smell after they come in from playing in the snow, sure, but other than that, I don't really notice any winter smells.

Spring smells so good. I love the smell of rain on a dirt road. Actually, I think that is my favourite smell in the whole world. Well, actually it's tied with the smell of my Gramma's house, but you get what I mean.

Last night I went for a walk all the way to the cemetery, and it was even after 7pm and it was still light out. How great is that? I walked over a little stream and it smelled exactly like I remember rain smelling where we lived in Manitoba when I was in school. Ah, it smelled good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so true. I love Spring, and the smells that I smell. What a great time of the year!

CC said...

That's nice. It's meant to be autumn here, but far out! The temperature here was 30C the other day!