Monday, March 20, 2006

Painted Horse

Those of you who worked at Willow Springs last summer may recognize this:
We had a whole big box of these horses donated, in the form of "STEED KITS". This made me laugh hysterically. They were pretty much impossible to figure out how to assemble, so not too many campers actually took a completed one home with them.

However, by the end of this post you will see that I am now somewhat of an expert at their assemblage.

I had my horse kicking around my room for awhile, and then on Saturday I thought "Gee, why don't I paint it?" I hadn't painted anything in a long while.

When my Mom came out from Alberta to visit me last October, she brought out my box of cheapo acrylics... and from that box I selected these colours for this project:

Here it is in process:

A head shot when making sure it was all painted to my liking:

The finished steed:

In situ:
On of my old roommates defined my decorating style the other day as "Ecclectic Novelty." I'm not sure if I like that term, but I couldn't think of anything better!

No comments: