Friday, January 06, 2006

The 2006 Blogging Project: Hometown Six

Here it is, the long-awaited post about my 2006 Blogging Project. I know the masses are eagerly awaiting it. ;)

So, I was trying to decide what to do. I had done a few mail exchanges in the past, and of course the Random Interview Project (1st Edition and 2nd Edition), but this time I wanted to do something different.

So here it is. It's a web-based project. And it (potentially) involves you. If you have a blog, or a Flick account, or a MySpace account, or a whatever. If you don't, you can of course start one, because that would be neat.

So, welcome to Hometown Six. One of my favourite things about blogging and blog-reading is the interactiveness, and the chance it is to step inside another's world.

This is a twelve-month project, and ideally, participants can participate for 12 months. But, you can also opt to participate on a month-by-month basis, I know sometimes everyone doesn't have the time/energy/commitment.

But what does it involve? Introduce us to your hometown, where you live. What's it like to live there now, in 2006? I've been mostly a non-specific location blogger... mostly on purpose, but I think this project should introduce you to the area a little more. You can be as specific or as general as you'd like if you choose to participate. This project is designed to introduce and teach us all a little bit more about where you live and the place you call home.

How exactly do you participate? Well, each month, on the sixth day (being two thousand and six and all), I'll post a challenge. Most of them will be photography related. So having a digital camera would be ideal, but you can get around it I'm sure if you'd like. You will have basically a month to finish the challenge. Let me know that you've participated, and I'll post an entry each month with all the participant links.

Make sense? Sound fun and cool? Great. I hope a few people will be excited about this and will have fun with it.

So, here we go. January's Hometown Six involves collecting photographs of six signs of your hometown or area's name. I suppose this could include 6 photographs of signs saying "Chicago", or a combination of 6 sign photographs including "Chicago," "Illinois," "Blah Blah County," "Corn Street," or whatever.

Have fun. And let us all know in the comments if you're planning on participating, and please update me if you can when you've posted your post about it.

Thanks everyone, I'm looking so much forward to this. :)

No comments: