Monday, September 12, 2005

The Customer Comment Series #1: Flat Screen Discontent

Dear Tim Hortons:

Hello. I am a 27-year-old Canadian, and as such, I have been a Tim Hortons consumer since the mid or late 1990s when I remember seeing my first ones around. I love iced caps, they're tasty. I also like crullers and the occassional glazed donut. And your vegetable sandwiches, they are really tasty. I think it's all the cream cheese in them.

However, I would like to comment on the recent addition of flat screen advertising televisions to some of your store locations. I live in Ontario, and often frequent the (local) Tim Hortons locations, as well as the (town I often visit) Ontario ocassions when I am there on business and visits. And recently, I took a trip to Saskatchewan and drove through Northern Ontario and Manitoba,and stopped at no less than 5 Tim Hortons locations. I was disturbed to find that the Tim Hortons across
the land were adopting the use of these flat screen advertising machines. They annoy me. Especially when I am sitting down to consume my Tim Horton's products. I don't want to watch moving advertisments, especially on a loop about 10 times while I'm there.

I don't mind a poster, that's normal. But a flat screen commercial machine, that's cheesey. It actually makes me want to not buy anything. It makes me not want to sit down and enjoy my Tim Hortons purchase. And I'm not going to go through drive-thru either, I'd rather sit down, but I'd rather not have to watch that advertising.

Sure it's a novel "future" idea or concept, but it's annoying. It makes me annoyed with Tim Hortons. I don't like it, I like to eat your donuts.

Sincerely,

Michelle *


Dear Ms. *,

I would like to thank you for contacting our Head Office. We always appreciate hearing from our customers.

Your comments regarding our new Plasma Screens have been forwarded to our Marketing Department for review and consideration. It is through feedback from valued customers, such as yourself, that we are continually able to grow as a company.

Thank you again for contacting us and for your ongoing patronage. If you have any further questions or comments please do not hesitate to contact
us.

Sincerely,
TDL Group Corp.

Rebecca B.
Operations Services


No comments: