Wednesday, March 16, 2005

The Random Interview Project: Rebecca

This installment of The Random Interview Project is from Rebecca, who is half of prwdot.org. She lives in Massachussetts with her husband Peter, and they've both been reading my blog for as long as I can remember. They're the kind of people I think some day it would be super fun to meet. They had a Napoleon Dynamite Party, how much cooler can you get?

1. What are some cool features of your hometown?
I grew up in the little Massachusetts town of Townsend. It has a great town square where all the churches have their annual fairs and there is a weekly band concert in the summer. There is also "Townsend Harbor" but don't be fooled, it is nowhere near the coast. The harbor is a big pond, and the story goes that the neighborhood was a popular stop on the Underground Railroad. Just over the border into the next town over there is a great little waterfall. My Dad used to take my brother and I there on Saturdays.

2. If you could be anyone else for 24 hours, who would you want to be and why?
I think I'd like to be Oprah Winfrey. She has a ton of money and is pretty
good at giving it away. I like to give gifts and make people happy and I'd
love to be her on the days when her show gives lots of things away.

3. What was your most challenging life experience?
Job hunting... definately. I spent months and months searching, applying and
interviewing for positions only to be rejected. It was incredibly hard to stay
optimistic and to have a positive self image during that time.

4. What is your favourite restaurant, and favourite thing to order?
I like going to Acapulco's here in Beverly. It is a local chain of Mexican restaurants. I usually get the tortilla soup or a chicken quesadilla. yum!

5. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you choose to go?
I've always wanted to see the Pyramids in Egypt.

6. What celebrity would you most like to meet and why?
Robin Williams. I enjoy laughing and I think he could say, "I'm sorry to tell you this, but your favorite pet has died." and I would bust out laughing.

7. What is one of your favourite college memories?
My roomate freshman year worked in the dish room at the dining hall. She was the gal at the other end of the trash conveyor belt. I used to write her notes and cards and fun little things and put them on the belt. I like to think that they made working in the dish room a little more fun.

8. What is one of your favourite family memories?
One year for Thanksgiving my folks planned a suprise get-away. We drove up to the Maine coast and stayed in a hotel (a big deal!). On Turkey day we went to LLBean and drove around for a while. When we finally decided to eat dinner all the restaurants were closed or full. We ended up at a Mr. Mike's convenience store. Our Thanksgiving dinner that year consisted of Pringles chips, Root Beer, 2 oranges, and chocolate...

9. What is Massachussett's best kept secret? (Sorry I have no idea if that is spelled right!!!)
Chunky's Pub and Theater. It's a movie theater with tables and they serve burgers and fries and such during the movie. It's one stop shopping!

10. What are five things that you are most thankful for?
1. A loving and supportive husband
2. The ability to balance work and play
3. That I can call on God anytime, anywhere, any reason
4. A nice warm, safe place to sleep
5. Having a budget that allows us to save, yet still do the things we want to do. (like travel)

You can read Rebecca's previous interview here.



No comments: