Monday, December 06, 2004


Icey


Welcome to a little Christmas season re-design. I love cranberry and green.

I am back at work this morning after 5 days (and no weekend off) at our national staff conference. We listened to speakers and generally froze or were too hot (no inbetween at such things). We stayed at a conference centre but it was really much like a hotel, minus the swimming pool. The meals were good, but it seemed often like all we did was eat. We had breakfast and lunch and supper and a snack before supper and a snack before bed. I don't think I need to eat again for awhile, I can live off the fat stores I have accumulated from a week away.

The roads are slick and icey and slippery and other words that describe hazardous driving, one of the camp vehicles met an unfortunate end on Saturday when it met a rockface. The driver and passenger were fine, the car however has gone on and we had a moment of silence to remember it. As for my little red hotrod, I'm hoping that it makes it through the winter. Actually, I'm hoping it makes it through a lot more than just the winter, but we'll take things one step at a time. Tonight's drive home for instance, our goal is to get there without slipping off the road!

No comments: