Tuesday, November 02, 2004


You-Haul


It’s moving day, but I’m not there. I’m at work. I only have a car load full of stuff anyway… and so I’ve been planning just to move after work is over at 5pm. Apparently it did not occur to anyone else that I would not take the day off like my roommates though, so they were both surprised yesterday when they figured out that I wasn’t moving all day today. I just assumed they would know that. And today everyone at work asked me what I was doing here. I only have a car load of stuff. What do I need to take a vacation day for? Seems like an easy and logical decision to me!

My sister got here on Friday so Saturday we did a little window shopping and roaming around my new hometown… being a big cottage area and vacation spot, there are lots of tourist-type shops, antique stores, used book stores, etc. And a Wal*Mart of course.

It has been raining A LOT lately. Like all weekend and all last night. And it’s still raining now. I shouldn’t complain though, because everyone else I know has had snow already this year. I don’t know that I can ever recall it not snowing before November. But hey, it’s November 2 already and there is no snow. How great is that.

Sunday night I went with one of my roommates to pick up our keys and check out the progress on the apartment. Our carpets had been steam cleaned and all the bedrooms had one coat of paint on them and they were looking fabulous. I am looking forward to setting my room up once I have my bed and everything else. I think I might go to Ikea on the weekend.

But for now, I should just get back to work. Later I shall move. Later I shall unpack. Horray!

No comments: