Tuesday, November 02, 2004


Ben Franklin?


Sunday morning I went to church for 11am and there was barely anyone in the parking lot. I thought that that was odd, but maybe a lot of people were away for the weekend.

I walked inside, there were a few people around but not many. Then I walked to the sanctuary. The worship team was practicing, there was not a single person in the pews.

It was then that a little snippet of an overheard conversation from a week or two earlier came to mind and it clicked that DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME HAD STARTED. Ugh. Oh the regret of a missed extra hour of sleep.

Who's ridiculous idea was Daylight Savings Time anyway? I like Saskatchewan, they don't have Daylight Savings Time ever. I haven't had to deal with switching my clocks since 1997. Daylight Savings just makes it get dark earlier at night. Who wants to drive home in the dark?

No comments: