Friday, November 05, 2004


Life and Other Occurences


Well, as you have probably figured out if you are a regular reader (and I am always continually amazed that I have you out there!), I moved on Tuesday and am now both officially working my first "real job" and living in my first non-school apartment. I think somehow suddenly I have gained much adulthood.

The move went well and my two roommates and I have all of our things now physically inside the apartment, although most of it is still in boxes! I haven't persoanlly much furniture here yet, in fact, all I have is a dresser, so that is still to be attained. I sold and gave away all of my furniture this spring as I wasn't too sure where I would be at this time, and lugging furniture from Saskatchewan to Ontario would have been a large and costly feat.

But I have a mattress for now, so that is keeping me off of the floor, which is, you know, a good thing. :)

Tomorrow I am driving my sister to the Toronto airport, and we are stopping at Ikea on the way so I am expecting to pick up a few things there. It's been a long time since I've been to an Ikea, and I've never really been able to buy anything there before that I actually needed, so this should be fun!

The trip will be interesting... I've never driven in Toronto before, so hopefully I survive. Can I survive 8 lanes of traffic? I'm from Alberta, we have 2 lanes, 3 at the most! And it'll be around 5 hours of total driving tomorrow, probably more. Ugh.

Thank you to all who have emailed me recently, it's always ever so nice to hear from you!

Hope you have a great weekend. I'll be back in internet-land on Monday. Cheers!

No comments: