Tuesday, October 26, 2004


Move Again


There are problems with the water well of the building that I have been staying in for the majority of my time at camp... so I have been forced to move around again. Tonight I spent a good amount of time packing up the things that are in my room, and moving the essentials to the building I'm staying in now. So now everything's boxed up and ready to move next Tuesday for the real move, to my apartment. I am looking forward to eventually being somewhat more solidly settled somewhere!

I was going to scan a photo for a post tonight, but the computer is telling me that it can't find the scanner, so I shall leave the photo for another time.

Work has not been busy at all this week, but my mind has been full of much thoughts and thinking.

I have been reading through the Psalms lately for devotions. The following are from Psalm 34:

This poor man called, and the LORD heard him;
he saved him out of all his troubles.
(v. 6)

Whoever of you loves life
and desires to see many good days,
keep your tongue from evil
and your lips from speaking lies.
Turn from evil and do good;
seek peace and pursue it
.
(v. 12-14)

The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them;
he delivers them from all their troubles.
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
(v. 17, 18)

A righteous man may have many troubles,
but the LORD delivers him from them all;
he protects all his bones,
not one of them will be broken.
(v. 19, 20)

Even though it is somewhat cheesy christianese, it is true that God is looking out for us and has our best in mind.

No comments: