Monday, September 20, 2004


Vista View


Today, after a day at the office (it seems weird to say that), I had supper with a co-worker. After that, I drove to a little town near here and then just kept on driving to the next town.

Both are picturesque, it's unfortunate I don't have a digital camera.

Yesterday I walked down the hill beside the building I'm staying in (for the time being while I look for somewhere else), to the water's edge, and there was a deer... just standing there. I thought to myself that it was mighty unfortunate that I hadn't brought my camera down with me. So I told the deer to stay there and I walked back up the hill and got it. When I came back down he was still there, chillin' like a villain, so I took a few pictures and chatted it up. He was pretty quiet, and eventually went on his way.

Tonight when I drove back I saw a mother and her fawn in one spot along the road, and another doe farther along the road. The sun was setting and the sky was purple and shades of pink.

The trees are changing colour and it's beautiful.

"When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him? You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings
and crowned him with glory and honor"
.
- Psalm 8:3-5

No comments: