Thursday, September 02, 2004


Lane Change


For someone who hasn't driven in a city since driving in Winnipeg once when I took Driver's Ed lessons in 1994, I think I think I have done a pretty good job this week and last.

This afternoon I went and bought pants. Work pants. Pants to wear to my first real-life adult job. Pants to wear to my first job that won't be over at the end of summer. Pants in sensible shades of khaki that aren't jeans.

And soon I'll be buying my first car. I have no idea how to buy a car.

But I'll be able to drive where ever I want and by myself. And at the same time, I'll have real-life bills. Like insurance and student loans and real rent and stuff.

Some of these things I never thought I would have to do alone.

Once again I'm going somewhere where really I know no one... but I think it should be good. It's always interesting to meet new people and make new friends.

But thank goodness for telephones and the internet and email and MSN... I don't know if I would be so enthusiastic without them.

No comments: