Wednesday, December 31, 2003


end of the year


taking a que from andrew over at bloggedyblog, i am posting a year-end list. Here is my list of my top five...

Favourite CDs Purchased in 2003

5. Downhere's "So Much for Substitutes"
Favourite Songs: Starspin and In America

I was pretty excited for this CD to come out. In fact, I even conned all the programming staff at camp to wait until the day it came out in June to make our trip to the Christian bookstore to pick out our devotional material... and, you know, get this CD. Although there are three songs I really like on, "So Much For Substitutes" overall was a big disappointment. But, it still makes my list because Downhere's pretty cool and they're the closest I'll ever come to personally knowing rockstars (they went to my college even while I was there).

4. Starfield's "Tumbling After"
Favourite Songs: Can I Stay Here Forever and Cry In My Heart

I saw Starfield twice this year, in March and in September. I love Starfield. But sometimes, their album is even too sickly sweet pop-ish even for me. But overall, it's a very good album. It was hard to pick just two favourite songs. "Cry In My Heart" is a good worship tune.

3. Switchfoot's "The Beautiful Letdown"
Favourite Songs: On Fire and Twenty-Four.

I saw Switchfoot in concert the weekend before "A Beautiful Letdown" was released. It was an awesome concert. I went to get the new CD shortly after it came out, but it was already out of stock. I didn't end up hearing it until the summer, and borrowed it numerous times from my cool friend Mike, and I bought it sometime in the beginning of August when I finally decided that it was time to get my own copy. It was a very wise purchase.

2. Plumb's "Beautiful Lumps of Coal"
Favourite Songs: Boys Don't Cry and Go

Definitely the most expensive single CD I've ever purchased, I had to special order it for over $27 (Canadian) because the school bookstore didn't have it. However, being a big Plumb fan, it was well worth it. I'm never disappointed in Tiffany's music. I especially love the intro on "Real."

1. Jars of Clay's "Who We Are Instead"
Favourite Songs: Show You Love and Sing

Jars of Clay is, without a doubt, my favourite band. However, I never thought that they would ever create another album that would even come close to their first one on a scale of how much I liked it. But, "Who We Are Instead" has done just that. I love it. It's a very different Jars sound, but definitely a good one. I love the lyrics. Very sound album. I'd recommend it's purchase to anyone.

No comments: