Monday, November 03, 2003


another


To whom it may concern:
RE: ROOMMATE RECOMMENDATION FOR MICHELLE G. I. JOHNSTON

To anyone and everyone who is considering Michelle as a potential roommate I would just like to provide my insight as I speak from experience as Michelle's current roommate (or as we fondly refer to each other--roomdawg). You see, that is what you can look forward to as Michelle's roomate--she is a loving, caring, affectionate individual whose sole desire is to make you feel loved and accepted in any and every type of living environment.

I also lived in the residence of Lewis Apartments with her when we were just wee little babes as young college girls. This experience molded and shaped my early years of college and truly made me the person I am and who will walk across that stage to receive a diploma in April. You see, she held the position of "spiritual mother" in the LA residence, because she is indeed the exact definition of such a term. A true woman of God whose desire is to care for, protect, and serve the needs of those closest to her. She does this through writing little notes and hanging them on the bathroom mirror, cooking delicious and nutritious meals that provide the sustinance that one needs to make it through the day, she is very tidy although not a big fan of washing dishes (but I assure you if you are willing to wash she would be more than happy to put them away), her personal hygiene is outstanding and there is not a doubt in my mind whether she changes her underwear daily. I have not found her to posses any peculiar odors and she is an avid lotion-user which means her skin won't flake which is also fantastic.

My experience living with Michelle in the 'Plex has been excellent. She is a happy and cheerful person to be around (unless you break one of her precious bowls--then she won't talk to you for a little while, but she gets over it). She's not overly agile when it comes to putting away glasses so I recommend that you use plastic tumblers instead, but she's GREAT at vacuuming--she gets in every nook and crany with that thing--it's really astounding. She's a little psycho about her sheets, but don't call her psycho because it brings back painful memories for her, but as long as you don't touch her sheets with any part of your being there really shouldn't be a problem. And seriously what normal roommate wants to touch someone's sheets? If you are annoying she may kinda complain about you when you're gone, but just don't be annoying and leave the closet doors open and stuff because if you do she will leave a note on them to remind you to shut them.

Michelle is a big photo-taker so be aware! She will take pictures of you at your finest moments, but as long as you are as photogenic as myself it really shouldn't be a problem.

So that about sums it up. Michelle is a supercool roommate and I recommend her to any potential roommates. I believe her to be, in the words of Michael Chowns, "a prize, a diamond in the ruff". Thank you, I believe that about
sums it up.

If you have any questions or need any clarifications, please don't hesitate to contact me. Thanks and have a great day!


Jodi Lea Chambers
Current roomdawg, former RA

* note from michelle: where do i find these people? or perhaps, rather, i should be asking, how do these people find me? ;)

No comments: