Friday, April 11, 2003


thai someone


my homework got done and i went out for supper… there were 18 of us celebrating two non-birthdays (anna's is the 28th and mine is may 5th, but i always celebrate my birthday april 11th at school), it was a lot of fun. lots of people i don't normally hang out with and an interesting conglomeration of people.

now i'm not exactly sure, but i do not really think that it was the best thai food that we had, so i do not know if i'm exactly informed enough to make a decision on whether or not i like thai. a few things were good, i'm not sure what any of it was, but then there was some stuff that i really wasn't too fond of. so some day in some big city i'll have to go out for thai to find out if i like it. :)

my friend cory is always really into my school birthday, and this year got me an awesome penguin ice cream scoop that i have wanted for years. awesomeness! now i'll have to buy ice cream.

one of my roommates, one of course who has recently ended up with a boyfriend, asked me if i was getting sick or tired of hearing about other people hooking up and having boyfriends.

my immediate (unsaid) reaction was "no, i'm not sick of it. someone likes me. that's enough for me, to know that someone does."

but is it enough for me to know that? i actually feel bad that i know that, because it wasn't him that decided to share it with me. they're his feelings, why should i know it if he hasn't chosen to tell me?

and it would be so much sweeter if he had chosen to tell me.

but my final thoughts are this. no, i'm not sick of hearing about other people hooking up and having boyfriends. it's normal and natural for people to be in relationship. i am however sick of people having spring fever, of hooking up because the year is ending… of people ditching their other friends for each other and spending every waking moment together or on the phone. it's normal and right to keep friendships when you come into relationship with someone else. sure you have this wonderful new thing, but don't forget about what you had before. your friends are still there.

it happens too much. i hope it doesn't happen to me.

if we ever take a risk and dive in.

so here we are
nothing to lose
so take my hand.

- plumb, "sink n' swim"

No comments: