Sunday, April 13, 2003


helps


one of my camp friends who happens to be at school here came over tonight and we talked a bit about camp for the summer... i had decided this morning while contemplating rolling out of bed that if i got the internship in washington i'd definitely take it (even though i'm still waiting for my informal phone interview, and none of my references have been called yet, and so the process is a little slower than i had anticipated)... but then talking to my camp friend i got a bit apprehensive about it. does camp need me? would they survive without me? yes, i know they would.

but would i make camp a better place? would i help camp fulfill it's purpose better this summer? is there some reason that i should be there this summer?

those are the answers that i am searching for in prayer tonight. tonight and tomorrow and the next day and most likely the day after that.

i think that one of my main spiritual gifts is helping. facilitating others in ministry. doing the jobs no one else wants to do. making sure things get done. working under whoever's in charge to make sure that everything they don't have time to worry about is still coming together and is still continuing.

is this why i should go back this summer? God, do you want me to go back?

and is this going to change my life forever?

No comments: