Sunday, April 27, 2003


farewell/iin a box


i'm sitting on the floor staring up at my computer, which is very far away. this type is very small. there's not much left in my room besides my computer, the contraption it sits on (my desk wasn't big enough, so the monitor has sat on the CPU box and a milk crate for the past 8 months), my stereo, and my bed, and a few miscellaneous things that need packing.

graduation was good, the speeches were interesting, and my friends all handed Dr. Magnus (our president) puzzle pieces of a picture when he handed us our diploma. the picture was of him from the yearbook a couple of years ago when he had just had eye surgery and was wearing an eyepatch, with the caption "Papa Mags: by faith, not by sight."

i said goodbye to many... but some i didn't get to say farewell to.

my job interview was also today, via phone. i think there were 7 or eight people. lots of good questions, and tough questions.

i have no idea if i did okay or not. they asked if i had any questions at the end but i couldn't think of anything... and then as soon as i hung up i was like, gee, i should have asked the one guy how he would have answered the question he asked me. "how would you explain the concept of a realationship with God to someone who was non-Christian and did not have any church background?" another person had asked a clarification question on it too... it was a tough one to answer spur-of-the-moment. now, of course, i've thought about it much more.

i had about a five minute panic attack that i hadn't answered very well... but then i thought, you know, if i'm supposed to get the job, i'll get the job. God knows what He's doing. maybe i'll end up in Washington, maybe i won't. it's in God's hands. there's peace in that.

good thinking stuff. good probing questions. they said they'd phone me on tuesday to let me know what's up and if i've made it to the next step or not. i think they interviewed quite a few people for the two positions.

so, with that, i'm off to pack my computer. off to finish clearing out my room. tomorrow morning i've gotta get up early to move all my crud over to my new house, but then we aren't leaving until the afternoon. we're staying overnight in medicine hat and then i'll take the bus from calgary on monday.

happy trails to me.

No comments: