Monday, April 14, 2003


exerpt


i was over at sarah hatter's site tonight and i found this post:

"Expecting anything from people will only lead to great disappointment, wouldn't you say? Hoping that a person says something to you, thinking about them saying it, dreaming of the moment will only speed the disappointment. Anticipation turns to anxiety, which ultimately turns to bitterness once our dreams, our perfect cookie-cutter image of what a person is going to say or do is not fulfilled.

It's not their fault. I expect too much from people, but my expectations are way too extraordinary.

What I Want Him To Say:
"Wow, you're beautiful, just stunning, really."

What He Says:
"Wow, you're really smart."

What I Want Him To Say:
"I dream of taking naps lying next to you, and walking on the beach, and doing cliche couple things that signal to other people how in love we are."

What He Says:
"You're funny."

What I Want Him To Say:
"I have fallen for you. Completely."

What He Says:
"You write well." "

- used by permission, copyright Sarah Hatter Dot Com.

No comments: