Saturday, March 29, 2003


wait for me


i found this weblog tonight on my random internet surfing called as i wait, which is subtitled "letters to my future husband." i've read a little of it and find it a pretty interesting use of a blog. i don't know that i could be that dedicated though to writing to my future husband every day. and, it's a pretty personal thing to put on the internet. i don't think i would do that.

i have a silver box with "love is patient" written on the front of it. it's full of sealed cards and letters with the dates written on them, all cards i have written on various random days and holidays and special days over the past few years. they're letters for my husband and i think will be a wedding present for him of sorts. i also have a book that i made by taking an old book cover (the book was called "the romance of the prairie provinces", i thought it was a cool cover) and taking out the old pages and sewing together new blank ones and glued them in place inside so now it's a blank journal basically) that i have been filling with little one or two page collages of poetry, Bible passages, and a few pictures over the past couple of years that i intend to be an engagement present. i get a ring, he gets a book full of my heart.

i'm excited to give them to him. i pray for him often. i pray for me often too. and i try to remember to pray for our relationship ahead of us.

my thoughts for him are between me and God at the moment, and one day will be between me and him and God. i'm excited for that. i looking forward to it.

but for now, i try to wait patiently.

No comments: