Thursday, March 13, 2003


last night


i haven't had much time to write these past couple of busy days... lisa left early this morning. yesterday i made a big spaghetti supper, which was the first meal i think that we have eaten together as a house (well, not our whole house, but the large majority of us) in probably three weeks, we used to have supper together three or four times a week. i miss it.

last night was the downhere concert... which i must say was the longest concert i can remember ever being to in my life, we definitely got our $5 worth! even opened, which is a school band from here that has been touring with downhere for their western Canadian tour. they've been around for a year and a half, and their cd just came out last week, so it is neat to see them growing as a band.

after even, starfield played a pretty good set, all songs off of their new "tumbling after" album, which i highly recommend you all go out and buy or at least sample a few songs. : ) i got their album about a month ago and have been loving it. they seem like a group of super guys and are coming back in two weeks for a chapel here and are having a worship concert in the evening so i'm looking forward to that.

then, of course, downhere played. we got to see a sneak peek first at a video/dvd thing that they are making which was neat, and also hear a new song ("stone," i really liked it) off their new album which is coming out in june. they played mostly what seemed like songs off of their first album, a couple that are just on their second album, and then i think two off of the new not-yet-released album. they have definitely grown in their stage persona since the last time i saw them last february, and that was interesting to see. i'm looking forward to getting the new cd.

well, i must get going for the day... so i'll leave you with some of the lyrics of one of my favourite downhere songs:

Teach me, Lord to have faith
In what You're bringing me will
Change my life and bring You glory

There on the store I am learning to let go
Of the will that I so long to control
There may I be in Your arms eternally
I thank You, Lord, you are the calmer of the storm

You rebuke the wind and the waves
Once again I find I'm amazed...
the power of Your will
"Cauase I'm a child of little faith
I feel the wind and forget Your grace
And You say, "Peace, be still."

- downhere, "Calmer of the Storm"

No comments: