Sunday, March 23, 2003


all set?


today i did manage to get a little bit of homework done, although i still have a ton left before monday morning. i have class this next week, it's called Programming Strategies for Youth and Family Ministry. i'm not too sure how it will go, i hope it'll be interesting. i think it will be very interactive compared to some of my other classes.

i went on a lovely spring walk around town with holly this evening... i am a bit out of shape after a long winter. i should take tamara's bike and get the tires pumped up so i can ride it. i miss bike riding, i haven't done it since late December when we still hadn't any snow. seems like forever ago.

before i know it the summer will be upon me. and for the first time in awhile, my summer is set and pretty much planned out for me. i have a job. i know what i'm going to be doing pretty much. and, for the first time ever, i'm going back to a job i've had before (being a program director at the same camp i worked at last summer). but i'm a little bit restless about it. it's far from home (mapquest tells me it's 3513.97km) . it's far from the prairies (it's in Ontario). it's pretty much in toronto suburbia (somewhere i never had any desire to be).

i had an awesome time last summer. i met some great people. i had a ton of fun. i learned a lot. God taught me much.

then why is it i'm restless about it? why is it i've been roaming the net looking for another ministry job? why is it that i've been thinking about all the other cities i could live in this summer doing some random weird job?

Would you want me when I'm not myself?
Wait it out while I am someone else?

- John Mayer, "Not Myself"

No comments: