Sunday, March 02, 2003


85 memories


i'm back at school, back in my beloved room, back on the internet catching up on all my regular blog reads and enjoying the laziness of this day before a week of classes starting tomorrow at 8am.

i had a good break and visit at my gramma's... i wish it could have been longer though. she still lives on the farm that my mother grew up on in manitoba. and yesterday was her 85th birthday.

we spent most of the time labelling two large boxes of old family photographs which was tiring but also very interesting. lots of old homesteading pictures from when my great-grandparents started carving out a prairie farm in 1916 that i didn't know existed. lots of cute pictures of my mom and aunt. lots of pictures of my grandpa whom i never got to meet. lots of pictures of my great-grandfather who died a few months before i was born... i'm convinced he was a very great man. lots of memories are held in a box of photographs. and those memories live on in the lives of those who remember.

"what are you doing?"
"i'm making a memory."

- i think this is from "the parent trap," but i'm not too sure...

No comments: