Monday, December 23, 2002


"every day is..."


i miss school. i miss my friends. i miss being independent. this makes me think about next year, as in next fall. what will i be doing? what are my goals for 2003? what are God's goals for me for 2003? where will i be exactly one year from now? will i be any further along in life or will i be in exactly the same place? will i have changed? will i be any further along in my walk with God? what new things will i have realized and worked through between now and then? will i be any closer to fulfilling my life goals? will i be in love? am i in love now?

the header of this post is from a song by carolyn arends, called "new year's day." some of the lines go like this:

I buy a lot of diaries
Fill them full of good intentions
Each and every New Year's Eve
I make myself a list
All the things I'm gonna change
Until January 2nd
So this time I'm making one promise

This will be my resolution
Every day is New Year's Day
This will be my resolution
Every day is New Year's Day...

Every day is...
One more chance to start all over
One more chance to change and grow
One more chance to grab a hold of grace
And never let it go.

- Carolyn Arends, "New Year's Day"

No comments: