Friday, December 06, 2002


comfortable


it's been few days hasn't it? some days you just don't feel like telling the world what you've been up to.

have been working on yearbook a lot lately, still a lot to do before our deadline on monday. i love doing the layout though, it's very peaceful to me. now that i'm almost done my schooling and will have completed my graduate studies in youth and family ministry a year from now, i somewhat wish I had taken graphic design. i would love to work for a magazine or an ad firm or a book company, i love thinking up a design concept and watching it come together, and finally seeing a completed project. But i know that I am where God wants me to be and doing what i should be doing. i just have no idea where this is all leading me.

tonight i had my old quadmate alisha over for supper, we were in adjoining rooms in our old dorm l.a. (lewis apartments) two years ago. i made roasted chicken and whipped potatoes and carrots, and then an apple dessert wrapped up in a tortilla and baked. it was nice to get the chance to chat with her, i don't often get to see her anymore.

My mom called me tonight with some good news, i got my student loan for next semester, so yay, i can stay in school. Without loans i would not have an education… but once I'm finally done i will be making payments which doesn’t sound so attractive!

then later tonight i went over to the dorm and chatted with leanne and lowana… times like that make me miss living in the dorm a lot. i miss all the great chats and the fact that there are 63 other girls only a door or two away. leanne played me a cornball song she had written on her guitar, and lowana played me some john mayer since i keep hearing all about him on the internet but i had never actually heard him. it was nice… good instrumentals and interesting lyrics. she played me the comfortable love song… although she yelled "dating" over the part where it says "sleeping." chuckle chuckle. : )

plans for tomorrow: go and work on yearbook for a bit, maybe do some homework in the afternoon, some how get to moose jaw in the evening for robert's concert. saturday i'm sure we'll have a yearbook work day and the Christmas banquet is in the evening.

i think next week is the end of what i made a big part of my life. i think it's time.

"And you say, come on
I'm not what you're after
But I know you're not just anyone, anyone

'Cause I'm not what you want
No, I'm not anyone
But if you needed me
Then I could be someone…

The sweet temptation of your elusiveness…

But the lie's always cheaper than the truth
And the lie's all I've ever known of you
So maybe none of this is true."

- Caedmon's Call, "What You Want"

No comments: