Monday, October 28, 2002

got up early this morning to be in a skit for my friend jodi's world views seminar class. i think out of the bazillion classes i took in Bible college, w.v.s. was my favourite. i avoided taking it until last year, my last year of college, because everyone always said it sucked bigtime and i was a little afraid of the professor because everyone always said he was a hard prof. but i loved that class. we covered some really awesome stuff that i hadn't really thought about before... what community is, what community should be, how we get involved in society, marshall mcluhan's (spelling?) "the medium is the message," etc. etc. i thought a lot in that class, it was challenging to me. so often i get bored in classes.

and, the aforementioned man i am in love with did just happen to sit in the row in front of me one seat over so we got to chat every tuesday and thursday at around 1:15 before class started, and often after class was over. my pathetic life.

i got this quote from jason killingsworth's blog, i like it. i don't know him in real life and just stumbled upon his blog by accident, but he has a gift for writing and so i like to visit his blog often.
"In the end it's necessary for me to take stock of the past because the past began teaching me lessons that I'm still working on today, and will be tomorrow. The only thing I need to 'get over' is myself and I've realized that's an ongoing project, like the biblical concept of taking up one's cross. The past can always be put to use."

No comments: