Monday, May 17, 2004


Scrapbooking 101

a.k.a. "A Year In Review"

A few people have asked about scrapbooking before, and due to the fact that I currently have access to a digital camera and Blogger has this new Hello Posted by Hello picture posting ability, I can show you a bit of it. These pictures are all from my scrapbook from the past school year (September 2003-April 2004). These are just a few of the pages and not all of them. I tried to not get glare off of the photos but a few of them do have some, sorry about that.

If you click on the photos you will get a closer view.

The first page of my scrapbook from this past school year 


A page done after a walk I took with my housemate Rachel. I loved the pictures I took that day. 


Also known as "The Jodi Page," due to the 5 pictures of Jodi and two of me, this page was done after lunch and a picture shoot in a park in Moose Jaw in early fall. 


Craft Time... showcasing the time spent knitting first semester (I think I made 6 scarves) and a late night that Jodi and I spent colouring. This is my first foray into hand lettering the title, as opposed to using a stencil.  


My sister came to visit for a couple of days at the end of October last year. We had a picnic at the park on the last day without snow. We took these photos in a park in Moose Jaw. I hand-lettered this title too. 


One day in Wal-Mart Jodi needed to use up her film...  >


The "Christmas Season" includes pictures of our house Christmas evening when we exchanged gifts, our awful Christmas musical outfits, and the Yearbook staff Christmas tree with the president of our schools as the angel on the top. 


I like the colours of these two pages a lot... in January I went with my sister to visit our Gramma in Manitoba. 


"Let's Make A T-Shirt"... started in September and continued throughout the year. I made two t-shirts as gifts, and then second semester Jodi and I had a T-Shirt Making Sleepover. We're professionals now. 


Holly visisted in February. I like the colours of these pages, and the pictures are neat too. 


You may rememember my road trip to Regina that ended up lasting 25 hours... here are the photos from it. 


This page is a mishmash of extra photos. My favourites are the one of me choosing the appropriate chicken piece, and the one of me counting change when Jodi "wanted to do something fun." 


Easter in Montana... a fun road trip with Jodi, Josh, and Keith. 


These are two more pages from our trip to Montana... they don't really match each other but whatever. I think the carousel one is especially fun. I like the neat vellum flags and the hand-lettering and the horse with the writing on it. 


I wasn't sure what to call this page but ended up titleing it "A Time for Goodbyes." Six of us got together one of the last days at school and went out for supper and took pictures in Moose Jaw. I relaly like the one on the staircase to the right of the title. 


I use acid free paper so these pages should last for a long time and not eat away at the photographs. I started out making all the titles with stencils, but this year I started doing a lot freehand. Most of these ones are freehand. I'm not very good at writing captions for photos so most pages I leave the captions to a minimum.

Scrapbooking takes a lot of time and generally costs a lot (film, developing, the appropriate tools, paper, special tape, etc... it all adds up). And it has a geeky reputation of being a Christian housewife kind of thing. But I'm not a housewife. Or even close. I love taking photographs, being creative and cutting out paper.

No comments: