Thursday, May 13, 2004


Interview #14


Sharon is number fourteen of The Random Interview Project:

1. Who has been the most influential person in your life in the past year and why?
"A friend named Lorene.. She lives in America and I in Australia and we found each other through what I believe was Gods leading..

She stumbled onto my website by doing a search that had nothing to do with finding my site and read a book I had written on-line and contacted me.. and I wrote back and we have been friends since.. I had been at a point where due to being at home.. raising children.. not getting out much.. not seeing many others that could encourage me at this time in my life that her friendship has become like a life-line.. She is like a sister to me.. Writing about her own life including the ups and downs.. encouraging me with wisdom and understanding.. and sending things to me that has made me feel very special.. But it is not all about what Lorene gives to me.. I feel so honoured to be a friend back. that through the letters we write back and forth I can help her too in her life!!

Even with being so far away and Lorene being older then I we have a very special friendship and I believe I am a better person because of Lorene's friendship!!

2. If you could live somewhere else, would you, and where would that be?
No I would not live anywhere else because I believe that where I am now is where God chooses me to be whether I like it or not.. If I could choose anywhere else to be I would not be where He wanted me to be and if would only lead to unhappiness and being out of His will for my life..

3. Who would you most like to meet that you haven't yet met?
All of my friends via internet especially those that are not in Australia I would love to meet.. I think maybe I might meet up with those friends I know in Australia but I don't think I will ever get overseas.. You see pictures every so often and get to know them somewhat through chat and mail but to meet them in person would be wonderful!!

4. What was your favourite food as a child, and is it still?
Cannot really remember.. LOL... but I know I always loved my Mother's home cooking and still do now in fact even more now!! Especially being a mother of my own family.. when to eat something someone else cooked no matter how simple
is a treat and my mother continues to take care of me even when I am a mother of my own kids!!

5. Tell us briefly about three of your favourite blogs to read right now:
This in no way means they are the only favourites..

*But Rachel's blog.. is one of my favourites because she is such a beautiful person..
She also is a Christian and even though we are different ages.. we share a friendship and an interest in each others lives..
Rachel is varied in what she writes and honest in what she shares..

* Sparrow's Blog is another of my favourites.. Though I have not been reading her blog long..
I feel a connection with her and more then reading her blog and her reading mine our comments seem
to show a parallel that our lives were meant to meet up..

* Stacy's Blog.. is one of my favourites that I wish I could visit more but the times I do I feel blessed for being there..
What Stacy shares I can relate too.. our fellowship with each other through our blogs is meaningful!!

6. How did you get introduced to blogging?
No one introduced me I found them on the Internet and loved the whole idea.. If anyone was responsible at all for me being a blogger it would be Annie... She hosts my blog for me and I could not have the blog or have come to enjoy all I do without her..

7. What are a few of the things that blogging has taught you or given you?
That by sharing my thoughts I can help others... and by sharing others thoughts it is a help to others and to me!!

8. If you could eat only three foods for the rest of your life, what three would you choose and why?
Fruits, vegetables and junk food.. Fruits and vegetables can be cooked, eaten raw or combined to make all sorts of varied meals..And they are good for me..

Junk food is a break from eating so healthily and would help tide me over for having to eat only three foods for the rest of my life!! And LOL *blush* because I like eating it too!!

9. Suppose for a moment that the rapture was going to happen tomorrow and you knew this (even though it isn't possible for you to know...). What would you do with the time you had left?
Well I would have to spend the time explaining to as many as I could what was going to happen and why then I would tell them no matter whether they believed me or not that if was going to happen and explain to them the way to escape the coming wrath.. The good thing about having a blog or page on the Internet is that you could leave a message on their that people from all over the world could read and those who you knew if they had been left behind.. It would be the fullest 24 hours I would have ever spent.. I would not want to waste a moment..

10. What is your favourite summertime memory?
I cannot really remember the exact moment really well.. but we have a photo of my sisters and brother and I frolicking in the ocean in Broome Western Australia.. I was the oldest of 4 children and our parents were on the way to an Outback Australian job as Missionaries, we were relaxing in Broome as we were nearly at the end of our journey.. It was the last picture of us together as family playing happily before my youngest sister Belinda (nearly 5) died.. only 4 days of being at our new home.. This picture springs to memory.. every happy moment should be treasured because we never know when it may be out last."