Sunday, February 21, 2010
Be It Resolved
Usually I don't make new year's resolutions, but this year I wanted to make a sweater... and finished it by January 17th. I told my Mom I'd post these pictures a long time ago, but sometimes life gets in the way of things... but here they finally are. I don't have a picture of me wearing it so this is all you're getting for now (and they're not even good pictures). The pattern is called Rusted Root, although I did make some minor modifications to it (see my Ravelry link for info) Overall it was fairly easy to knit and a great first sweater pattern to work with. I chose a cheap yarn as I wasn't too sure how the whole project would turn out. Now I kind of wish I had used a better yarn after investing so much time into it, it's already quite a bit pilly and I've only worn it 3 or 4 times.
I started another sweater right after finishing this one, but was having some issues with the sizing and so it's currently sitting and possibly never being finished. We'll see. It was a lot of effort to get it to the point where it is now, and really wasn't fitting properly so have put it on hold.
Another resolution, or goal for the year, is to write and publish a knitting pattern. Most of the time I make up what I'm knitting anyway, thought it would be neat to write it down and have others be able to knit it too. Currently am working on a touque pattern. Have a few kinks to work out, but it is coming along nicely. Let me know if you'd like to be a test knitter before I publish it, would love someone to test it out first before I put it out there as a freebie.