Sunday, October 15, 2006

Lite

Sorry if you've been coming here a lot to see new posts... there really hasn't been all too much of anything lately due to the fact that I'm still getting "settled in" and all of that, figuring out this new life in this new place and trying not to hyperventilate all too much.

Yesterday I went to Ikea and ate Swedish meatballs and lingonberry jam and got some new cheap Swedish furniture and then later recontemplated it's cheapness after buying varnish and then 2 or 3 hours of assembling and then starting what will be a several days process of varnishing. I took a picture of the meatballs for you, but I can't post it as I'm at the library.

Now I should get back to varnishing.

I'm not a big fan of living alone so far.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard there was some sort of hazardous material spill at Ikea on Sunday . . .the Ikea people were running around waving their arms telling people to stay away and the place was full of fire trucks . . .and now I hear that you were there the day before - it figures. Michelle Grace Irene, leaving a wake of disaster wherever she goes.
H.
P.S. If you need something to write about, you could always do a review of the movie "Just My Luck"

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you need to go to that singles event mentioned in the post above!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Re: Living Alone: it gets easier, trust me. Transitions are never easy, so give yourself some time, and just be gentle with yourself (i.e.: varnish ventilation!). I'll bet you'll find that there are things you learn during this time that you never would have known otherwise.