Thursday, December 01, 2005

New Month New Look

Happy winter! There seems to be snow falling every day around here, and for those of you who've been around Mikao's World for a very long time, you'll recognize the the shoutout to my snowflake heritage. And this Tiffany/Robin's Egg/Peacock blue is one of my current favourites.

I wanted to have a white background behind the posts, but I'm not html-savvy enough to figure out how to do that. I also really really wanted to incorporate Blogger comments into this new template design, but as of yet I haven't had enough time to figure out how exactly to make them jive with this template.

Details, for anyone who might be interested:

Tiffany Snowflakes, Mikao's World v. 8.0

December 2005

Modified from the Pink Designs template Color My World

Background image: blue colour

Top image: Snowflake graphic, ©2005 MJ

The snowflake graphic is from a scan of two paper snowflakes I cut out of regular white office paper with crappy office scissors. The blue background is scanned from a piece of regular blue printer paper. The snowflakes and paper were scanned on a Epson Stylus CX4600, and were cut, pasted, and altered in Adobe Photoshop 7.0.1. The font is called "Porcelain," designed by Eduardo Recife, and is available at Misprinted Type.

No comments: