Friday, June 17, 2005

Things that Society At-large Likes, Yet I Don't Get
Part One

Coffee
When I was a kid and I used to make coffee for my Dad (a.k.a. spooning a spoonful of freeze-dried Folgers into a cup and pouring boiling water over it), I used to think it smelled so good.

Sometime in junior high or high school I actually tried a cup either at home or church or somewhere, and IT DOESN'T TASTE LIKE IT SMELLS.

In fact, it tastes disgusting. My first year of Bible college they had this big official opening thing of the Gourmet Bean, the coffee shop they had just built. You could get any size coffee you wanted that day for 25 cents! Even though I claim I'm only cheap in my dreams, the reality is I'm always cheap and if I was ever going to drink coffee it would have to be that day. I think I had 5 extra large cups, and it only cost me $1.25! But, even though I think I tried every flavour they had, I didn't like any of it. And I don't think I slept a wink that night.

I don't get the whole coffee obsession thing. Sure it smells delicious, but it tastes disgusting, and, HAVE YOU EVER SMELLED COFFEE BREATH? That alone should be case enough to make you never drink another cup.

No comments: