Friday, June 10, 2005

I Feel Slightly Deceptive

I downloaded the newest version of MSN Messenger earlier this week. One of it's features, for those not in the know, is that you can enable it to list what song you are currently listening to on your Windows Media Player.

The other day I borrowed The Garden State soundtrack from someone in the office, and I've been listening to it today. It features songs from The Shins and Frou Frou.

Granted, I do like these two songs on the album especially, but I can't say that I know if I've ever listed to any other songs by The Shins and Frou Frou. But I've already gotten two comments this morning on the fact that I was listening "to such good music." I felt slightly deceptive since I really know nothing about these bands and usually listen to something quite different.

They're the pseudo-underground-vogue at the moment. But I kind of think eventually the same thing that happened to all the other formerly pseudo-underground-vogue groups and singers. They'll become too famous and lose the originality. Everyone else will copy and try to be just like them.

No comments: