Thursday, May 12, 2005

It Isn't Like It Was Supposed To Be

I went to my small group from church on Tuesday night as usual (I missed last week), only to find out that it is over for the year and is now taking a summer break! I thought we still had at least one more session left in our little bookie thing. You know, our DVD-guided nicely-laid-out uber-programmatic barely-have-to-lead
small group book thingy.

So, I went for a drive on a road to see how far it would take me (because I had nothing else to do) and found out it simply takes me back to where I came from in the first place. But, now I know where that road goes. It was pretty and reminded me of home in the spring.

It's somewhat bizarre and sad to me to think that basically the only people I've met, besides those I work with, in the eight months I've lived here, are in my small group. And I don't even really know those people.

Moving to college, and having summer jobs, those two things were very different from this whole moving-on-moving-out-starting-a-real-life thing.

I hope it gets better.

No comments: