Thursday, May 05, 2005

05/05/05

When I turned 5 years old, I had the best birthday party ever. I wish I had one of the photos here with me in Ontario because I would scan it and put it up. I had very special Disney character birthday hats (I was Minnie, of course), and I believe we had angel food cake if I remember correctly (because I think all my early birthdays included angel food cake). I had my little friends Dennis and Trina from our street, and Dennis' best friend Spencer from across from the park at the end of our street, and my best friend Rhea from a nearby town who I met because both our moms were in Kinettes together.

I don't remember anything we did, but I remember the hats. They were the highlight pretty much. And I got to wear my fuzzy purple short set.

Today, exactly twenty-two years later, I did not have Disney themed hats. But someone made me a cheesecake. And I got to go out for lunch and look at antiques and neat artsy stuff. So that was pretty neat. (And I got several e-cards, and Rebecca and Peter sent me a "Vote for Pedro" t-shirt, thank you so much!).

No comments: