Monday, April 11, 2005

Template Tweaking and Travels

I've slightly tweaked the template, trying Ian's suggestions of changing the background image, and Peter's comments about text over the cars. I'll still tweak it a bit more when I have time, before calling it done.

This weekend I went to Peterborough, for a CycleNEA fundraiser, and to see my friend Heather. About 80 people came out, and they were able to raise almost $600, so that was great. I knew quite a few of the people too, which was surprising to me. Heather was my roommate in college for a year, and I've spent many weekends with her family near Toronto when I've worked at a camp not to far away from them.

Peterborough is about a three-hour drive, and I took the backroads because I thought it might be shorter. I'm not sure if it actually was, but it was neat to see new scenery, and to go through part of the area known as the Haliburton Highlands. I saw a ferret run across the road, I'm not sure that I've ever seen one in the wild before.

On the way back I stopped at an antique mall in an old barn (I think everyone else who was there was around when all the antiques were new, so I was a bit of a young anomaly), and a "dollar and up" store that had apparently bought out a lace and trim store sometime... and got some really neat laces and trims for a steal of a deal.

And today, I got my sewing machine and birthday present in the mail from my Mom (I got the sewing machine a few years ago, it's not new), so I'll be able to sew this weekend which I shall be looking forward to. I'll post the results on my arts and crafts page when I'm done.

No comments: