Tuesday, March 22, 2005

The Random Interview Project: Carly

This interview in the The Random Interview Project series comes to us from Carly of Jeffersonair. I first found her blog through comments at the late great Jason Killingsworth blog "Next-to-Last Song." That was early 2003, back when we all had more free time for blogging and MSN. It's been fun to get to know her and see things in her life morph and change and come together, to see God working in her life, and to share the "cross-country move" experience with someone else who shares their life through their blog.

I always appreciate Carly's enthusiasm for the written word, and her participation in my little blogging projects. :)

1. What are three particularly cool things that Tennessee has that Washington state does not?
Three particularly cool things that Tennessee has that Washington State does not are: 1) Andy Duggan, 2) a notable fall season, and 3) chicken and dumplings.

2. If you could either give up shampooing or teeth brushing for the rest of your life, and suffer no ill effects, which one would you choose to do away with and why?
Toothbrushing, hands down. Personally, I like the act of shampooing. Toothbrushing, however, is a chore. Brushing one's teeth, flossing, and mouthwashing can be tedious. If I didn't have to do the brushing, it'd be that much easier.

3. What has been the hardest thing for you to learn in the past year?
Patience. Lots of patience.

4. What are you most looking forward to in the next 13 months?
Celebrating one year with Andy. Seeing some great bands (The Killers, Keane, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, The Pixies, possibly U2, so forth). Starting school in August. Volunteering to work for the school paper. Oh man... I'm gonna reak havoc on that school newspaper.

5. If you could fly three people to visit you for the weekend, who would you choose and why?
Stephanie, because of all the friends who keep tabs on me, she keeps the best tabs. Leah, because she is my first wife and I miss her. Ryan, for his tallness, geekyness, and the potential for a grandeous picture-taking expedition.

6. Which do you like better, sunrise or sunset?
Sunset. Between the two, sunsets have the more stunning colors.

7. Please share a favourite memory of your siblings.
My Cassie Memory: We were at school, and I was on the playground. My sister was too, but in a different area. At the time, I was about 7 and my sister was about 10. Cassie and some guy were playing a game involving a dodgeball. I decided to get closer, to watch. The guy she was playing with kept spitting... Every two seconds, he'd spit and aim it for Cassie. Eventually, my sister had enough. She stopped, turned to the guy and shouted, "Stop spitting or you're gonna drown!" It took about 15 seconds for what she said to sink into my 7-year-old brain, but once it did, I started to laugh so hard, I could hardly stand. The guy did stop spitting, I think.

My Kyle Memory: Probably the day he picked me up and gave me a piggyback ride with absolute ease. I couldn't believe it. So much so, that I could do nothing but laugh hysterically. It was overwhelming, I think.

8. If you could have a complete month off of work with $100 000 to spend, what would you do for the month?
Pay off all my bills. Find a more colorful flat to live in. And then travel like Mad freaking Hatter.

9. What are your three favourite movies, and what do you like about them?
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, for being so real despite a make-believe situation. Garden State, also for being so real and the amazing soundtrack. Goonies, because it reminds me of my childhood imagination.

10. What is the best thing about living in the United States of America?
I'm not sure what the "best thing" is, but I know I wouldn't want to live in any other country. Wait... England would be effing cool. This is the only question I'm unsure of.

Thank you, Michelle, for including me in your Random Interview Project, the Second. I am honored.

Sincerely yours, henceforth, and possibly furthermore,

carly"

You can see her previous interview here.



No comments: