Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Further Adventures

One of my roommates and I went to Barrie on the weekend, and I drove. Barrie, where we live, is the "big city" that you go to do all your good shopping in, if you don't want to drive all the way to Toronto. It's comparable to Regina if you live just west of Moose Jaw in a little town called Caronport. Barrie has several malls, Michael's, a Value Village, a Christian book store, and an Old Navy, all of which we hit in our shopping extravaganza.

At Michael's I spent entirely too much money to justify, but they had sales on all their 8.5"x11" cardstock, and some of their 12"x12" cardstock. I couldn't resist. And, I got four rubberstamps for 90 cents each... a steal of a deal. Sure I wouldn't have boughten them if they weren't 90 cents, but when they're that cheap how can you resist? I have put a few new creations up at my arts and crafts site now that my scanner is mysteriously working again.

I got a couple of pairs of pants, the Bethany Dillon CD, and a shirt from Old Navy for five bucks. Sure I wouldn't have boughten it had it not been on sale, but I find that sometimes my greatest fashion finds come from sales like that. I end up liking them a lot. This shirt has great potential.

Before departing Barrie, we went to McDonald's, because, you know, we're classy and elegant like that. And when we came out, SOMEONE HAD EGGED MY CAR! Who does that? It's not even Halloween! It was all over the passenger side window and down the door, and eggshells on the roof. Frozen solid too. I couldn't get it off at a gas station, so when I went home I took out some hot water to it. Sunday I went to a car wash when it was a little warmer and got the rest of it off. It was disgusting.

And then last night and this morning it's been snowing and the roads are terrible, so Hot Rod is getting all dirty again. But at least there is no more egg on it.

No comments: