Monday, October 18, 2004


Oh The Gloriousness That Will Be


I just talked to my younger sister and she is going to come and visit me for a week here so that is pretty neat. Granted, it will be over the weekend that I'm moving into my apartment and that first week I'm in my new apartment, so things'll be a little crazy, but hey, she can come so that is neat.

And I can't wait to move into my apartment. Seriously. I have no idea when I'll get my bed (a friend is giving me one but I don't have any idea when the date of arrival will be) or when my room or apartment will resemble something recognizeable... but I'll have A SPACE OF MY OWN again and oh the gloriousness that that will be.

Our future landlords have let us know we can come back to the apartment this Saturday to take another look... so we can measure things and figure out where things will fit and decide bedrooms and all that stuff. But I decided on my bedroom the first time I saw it. I wouldn't cry if I didn't get it but oh I love that room, even if I've only glanced at it twice.

I can't really afford to buy anything new to decorate, but I think that I should be able to still make a lovely space of my own. A SPACE OF MY OWN, did I say that already? Sure I've got a car that I can keep crud in, but soon I'LL HAVE A BEDROOM AGAIN. And a living room I can watch tv in. And a kitchen I can cook food in. And a telephone... oh, I shall be able to call people from my very own telephone and not my work phone.

And we'll have cable tv. I've never had cable tv in my entire life. I'm excited.

But I'm more excited to have my own room again. Could you tell?

No comments: