Tuesday, October 05, 2004


By Popular Request


An update on my life. Sorry I haven't written much lately, I haven't really felt like it. It's sometimes interesting these stages of life we go through.

I did indeed get the cool apartment, we move in November 1st or so. I'm going to be sharing it with two other girls I work with. We each get our own bedrooms, and have a nice newly redone kitchen, a living room, a big bathroom, a little nook, and an attic. Like an attic on tv. In the warmer months we plan to use it as another room, just in the winter it might be a bit chilly as it's not insulated.

And, as the previous post stated, my car died. I went to a camp reunion for "my other camp" over the weekend, got back safely, and parked my car. A couple of hours later when I went to drive it, it stalled in drive and would only go in reverse. Yesterday it would only stall and not move. It's still parked outside my office. A heavy duty mechanic looked at it and thought perhaps maybe it might be the torc converter (or however you would spell that) but he's not sure. I haven't gotten it towed yet, but I suppose that is the next step.

If it's a costly repair, then I'm out of a car. I don't know what I would do then. One of my future roommates has a car, but it's not fair to her that we would be both relying on her for transportation.

So, the whole car thing has been very discouraging.

Slowly I am learning that trusting God means trusting Him to take care of everything. It's just sometimes so hard to fathom, and even harder to let go of things held on for so long.

No comments: