Thursday, April 29, 2004


Interview #4


The fourth interview of this series comes from the lovely Rebecca of World Wide Wood:

"1. Tell us a few things about your home state that you particularly love:
Massachusetts is a fantastic state! First of all, just look at that name! No boring "Maine" here. Secondly, there is so much incredible history here. You can hardly walk 10 feet without running into a historical marker, "So and so slept here." "Such and such a battle fought here," " first such and such in the nation." Very cool. I also love that I can be in the City (Boston) doing city things and in a short two hour drive be in the mountains (Berkshires) doing mountainy things.

2. What is the best thing about being married?
There's someone else to ask to do the dishes...and if I ask with a cute face they almost always get done by someone else. Seriously, though. I love having my best friend with me always.

3. Share a favourite childhood memory:
First let me say how much I love your nice Canadian spelling! Once when I was like 2 and a 1/2 my family went to the World's Fair in Tennessee. While there we went to a restaurant with a man playing the piano. He came over to our
table, gave me a big all day sucker lolly-pop and then sat me on top of the piano and sang to me in front of the whole place. And suprisingly, I remember it despite my young age!

4. Describe the moment in life at which you were the most scared:
In third grade my good friend, her brother and their mom (my mom's friend) were murdered...another person came to my house late one night to tell my parents what had happened. My little brother and I sat at the top of the stairs freaking out because our mom was screaming and crying and no one came up to tell us why.

5. What is your favourite movie and why?
I have a lot of favorites for different reasons, but one that comes to mind is "George of the Jungle" with Brandon Fraiser. It is funny and witty and colorful and just all around entertaining.

6. If you could go anywhere in the world, for a week, all expenses paid, where would you go and why?
I want to go everywhere, but right now I think it would be really awesome to go to Peru and climb to Machu Pichu. I've been to South America and want to go back... and Machu Pichu has always fascinated me.

7. What do you miss about college and why?
All my friends. After graduation we all kind of scattered the country.(except for my husband who stuck around)

8. Tell us about three of your favourite sites online:
www.knitty.com -- cool, up to date knitting patterns. It's always inspiring.
www.pogo.com -- I'm totally addicted to word games and solitaire.
www.blogger.com/redirect/next_blog -- It is great to read strangers' innermost thoughts!

9. If you could go back and re-live any moment from your life, what moment would you chose?
I know it is cliche, but probably my wedding. Not because I'd want to change anything, but because I had so much fun...lots of friends and family. Yeah. that's what I'd pick.

10. Tell us something about yourself that might take one a while to learn about you:
I like talking about deep philosophical things, but I hate talking with argumentative people who can't back up their ranting. But I usually supress my dislike if their still in the room.

Fun, fun. Much better than, "what do you feel is your biggest weakness?"
questions that I've been getting!

Cheers,
Rebecca"

No comments: